Amazon Gifts For Her
It is currently 80 and sunny here but I can’t help but wish it was colder out so I could wear some of these adorable coats! I’m thinking we need to book a fun trip up north soon so I can!! Until then I’m putting my dream winter closet together starting with these coats! Click on the photos to shop 😉
It’s that time again! Cyber Monday is where it’s at this year! There are some pretty amazing deals going on today and they’re even better than the Black Friday sales! I’ve rounded up some of the best below along with discount codes. Click on the store name to take you right to the sale 🙂
Abercrombie– 50% OFF everything!
Amazon– Major sales on tons of items!
American Eagle: 40% off everything + free shipping!
Anne Taylor– 50% OFF & Free Shipping with code: CYBER
Anthropologie– 30% OFF everything!
ASOS– 30% OFF with code: BIG30
Banana Republic– 50% OFF
Banana Republic Factory– 60% OFF
Barefoot Blonde Hair (Best clip in hair extensions!)- 20% OFF Sitewide!
Baublebar– 35% OFF
Bealls– 50%-70% OFF storewide
Boohoo– 30% OFF everything
CB2: 15%- 25% OFF & free shipping on orders over $29
DSW: Get 30% off with code: BCCYBER
Express– 50% OFF & free shipping
Forever 21– 40% OFF & free shipping with code: GOWILD
Goodnight Macaroon– 30% OFF with Code: CYBER30
H&M– 30% OFF & free shipping
J.Crew– 50% OFF with code: MONDAY
J.Crew Factory– 60% OFF + additional 10% OFF with code: SOAMAZING
Kate Spade– 50% OFF with code: CYBERFUNDAY
Loft– 50% OFF & Free Shipping with code: CYBER
Lovely Flamingo Shop– 20% OFF everything!
Macy’s– 20% OFF with code: BLKFRI
Morning Lavender– Up to 65% OFF!
Nordstrom– Up to 50% OFF
Nordstrom Rack– Extra 30% OFF clearance & Spend $100, Get $20 reward. Spend $150, get $30. Spend $250, get $75
Old Navy– 50% OFF your entire purchase
Pink Lily Boutique– 30% OFF & free shipping with code: LASTCHANCE
Pottery Barn– 25% OFF + Free Shipping with code: CYBER
Red Dress Boutique– 40% OFF & free shipping over $50 with code: EXTRA40
Sephora– Up to 50% OFF
Sole Society– 40% OFF everything!
Target– Up to 50% OFF and 30% OFF clothing + an additional 15% OFF
Tory Burch: 30% OFF with code: THANKS
Wayfair– up to 80% OFF & free shipping
West Elm– 20% OFF site wide + Free Shipping with code: SHOPFAST
World Market: 15%-40% OFF & Free Shipping on $50 with code: CYBER2019
Cyber Monday Sales 2019
Staycation at The CURRENT Hotel Tampa
Do you ever staycation? It’s one of my favorite things to do in every city we have lived in, including my hometown of Tampa Bay! It’s the feeling of vacation- relaxing and fun, but just a short drive home. The perfect quick getaway! I also love checking out new hotels and resorts in our area! Last weekend we had the pleasure of visiting The CURRENT Hotel a brand new boutique hotel that just opened in Tampa that’s part of the Autograph Collection by Marriott. Let me tell you from the second we pulled up, we were blown away by the decor, ambiance and the service! The hotel is modern but still feels inviting and let me tell you, there are photo ops everywhere! The CURRENT hotel also houses a lot of local Tampa Bay artists’ work. There are pieces displayed throughout the lobby and on every floor right off the elevator. My artist husband really loved this!
We quickly changed and headed up to the rooftop bar Rox which has both indoor and outdoor seating with views all the way around!! This is such a great option since Florida weather is so unpredictable! This is also nice if it’s too hot/cold out but you still want to enjoy the view. We got lucky and the temps finally dropped last week a little so it was gorgeous out! We ordered a couple of specialty cocktails which were delicious, found a cozy spot on a lounge and watched the sunset over the water. THIS is how you do Fall in Florida. I also found out this is Tampa Bay’s tallest rooftop bar! You don’t have to be a guest to enjoy it either, it’s open to the public:)
After the sun drifted into the sea we headed downstairs to Julian the restaurant on property. Their menu is internationally inspired small plates made with locally sourced foods and this is right up our alley. We love small bites and trying different menu options so were drooling over the options and got to ordering! Our favorites from the menu were the Crispy Blossoms, Bao Mi, and OMG the Cavatelli (hello black truffles)! The Churro dessert was amazing too! We were so excited to try everything and it was so good I forgot to take pics of some items but I was able to get a few! You’ll just have to go see and taste for yourself now;)
Always have to stop for a night cap! We loved this bar- and the cocktails!
We then headed back up to our room for bed. Normally we close up the curtains as tight as we can so no light peeps in when the sun comes up but this time we left the curtains wide open and it was so worth it!! We woke up to the most incredible sunrise coming in through our huge windows!
Living on the west side of Florida I am typically a sunset girl but man these sunrises are pretty amazing too. Especially when you can watch from your bed! And also cuddled up in a robe in the corner to get even closer;)
After enjoying the sun coming up over Tampa Bay we got ready and headed downstairs to find the cutest coffee shop Buddy Brew (another local company!) and they were serving freshly baked pastries! YUM!
While having our lattes and muffins we walked around the lobby checking out the local artwork and browsed through the hotel’s shop which was curated by Tampa’s own Oxford Exchange! We popped into the workout room too- definitely didn’t work out but if I were to this is the place to do it! The gym has the same huge windows looking right out into the bay!
We also checked out the infinity pool that overlooks the water but sadly forgot to bring our suits. This is for sure on the itinerary for our next stay!
Not only were we impressed by the design, decor and views, but every employee was so kind and very helpful which goes a long way for me- (if you’re new here, I worked in a Las Vegas hotel for almost 9 years!). I love the support of so many local Tampa Bay businesses and artists too! We truly had an amazing staycation at The CURRENT Hotel and can not wait to book another stay. Like SOON! This time we’re going to bring some friends and make it a party on the rooftop! Who wants to join?
If you want to see even more from our stay, check out my instagram I have added all of my stories to the highlights at the top! We highly recommend a stay here whether you’re local and want a nice staycation or you want to fly in for the fun!
Thank you to the CURRENT Hotel for hosting us. We had the best time!!
You can shop all of my looks from our stay here below!
Staycation at The CURRENT Hotel Tampa
Happy 1 year Birthday to our sweet Vinny! We rescued Vinny at 7 weeks and really didn’t have a ton of experience with a puppy that young so we did a ton of research and tried out a lot of things, some worked, some didn’t! So I thought I would share our top 10 must have purchases for your new puppy.
Right when we decided we wanted to adopt our puppy I immediately ordered these 2 books! I actually ordered them on audio 1st and then bought the physical copies to refer back to- Lucky Dog Lessons: Train Your Dog in 7 Days & The Loved Dog. I love that both writers really care for dogs and believe in training them in a kind way.
Next we went shopping with not much of a list and while it was fun, it was sure was costly! Now that I know I would do a few things differently. I would definitely check Amazon for the items we needed 1st! Major saving compared to some of the local pet stores! Below are a list of our favorite purchases for your new puppy and what we would do differently the next time around. Of course every dog and owner is different but this is what worked for us!
1.SmartPetLove Snuggle Puppy Behavioral Aid Toy– Since we got Vinny so young I was worried about him missing the rest of his litter, so we gave his foster mom this stuffed animal and a few blankets a week before and had her rub them on the the other puppies to pick up their scent. Not only did it have the comforting scent of his family when we brought him home but this stuffed animal also has a pulsing heart beat and a warmer in it. Vinny loved this and slept with it for the 1st couple months! We held onto it just in case he ever gets anxiety from fireworks or thunder but luckily he hasn’t had much of a problem with that.
2. Dog Crate & Pen– We got both the crate and a fenced pen to attach to it so our puppy could not only sleep in the crate but have a small area to move around in when we were not home and he was not quite potty trained yet. We also added a cover to the crate to make it feel a little more enclosed for him. We slowly allowed him out for longer amounts of time while we were gone until we felt he no longer needed the pen (no accidents, nothing chewed up!). He also ended up not really going into his crate as he got older so we put that in storage for now too. Some dogs love their crates and I have many friends that still use them with their dogs, so it really depends on what works for you, but I am glad we started with one!
3. Comfy Bed– We got really excited and got a really nice small puppy size bed that Vinny grew out of in a couple months! Now we know to find a reasonable priced smaller bed since we’ll have to upgrade 1-2 more times as the puppy grows! Also, like people some pups can be a little picky about their beds so my mom will sometimes buy a couple different beds and see what her dogs prefer! And if you don’t want to buy multiple beds as they grow, you can add rolled up blankets for your puppy to snuggle up with and get cozy. We started off with Vinny’s bed in his crate and now keep it in that same area.
4. Food & Water bowls– There are so many cute bowls and bowls in stands! We bought one similar to this one and love it! But our sweet little puppy is a very fast eater so the vet recommended a slow feeder bowl which normally slows other dogs down but we have found a large tray works the best for him! We still have the cute stand but just for water:)
5. Collar/Harness– We started out with just a cute collar and leash but quickly learned a harness was the better way to go for our puppy. Vinny is a man on a mission when he goes outside and started trying to pull us along even when he was 12 lbs! Our obedience trainer recommended a no pull harness where the leash attaches to the front chest area and makes it hard for your dog to pull as he walks. We have found this helps quite a bit with Vinny!
6. Walking Accessories– We are pretty lucky to live in a place where there are waste bags readily available around the area, but we like to always have some on hand just in case! I just found THESE and will be ordering today! There are some pretty small convenient carriers for your bags but I like this cute bone shaped one that you can attach right to you leash. Other items that come in handy on both walks and at the dog park are these portable folding bowls and pet water bottles.
7. Grooming- Our puppy was a little scared of the bathtub at first so we found a few things to help! He figured out he is pretty peanut butter motivated so using this treat mat that suctions to the shower wall helped distract him in the tub! Also, Pet Shower Sprayer & Scrubber in-One really sped up the paw-cess. See what I did there? 😉 We try to wipe his paws after going outside with these wipes and he’s short haired but loves the feel of being brushed with this brush. Our neighbors recently had to spend hundreds of dollars on dental care for their 4 year old dog and advised us to start brushing our puppy’s teeth early so he gets used to it and we can do it often. Our vet recommended we do this daily but honestly it happens about every 2-3 days- I’m working on it! Here is the Oral Care Kit I started with but we have since upgraded to the larger size.
8. Potty Training- Somehow we got really lucky on this one! I work from home so it was easy to take him out often. We started using these potty pads and slowly kept moving them closer to the door until he would just go by the door and “honk” to go out! It’s a low, short bark that always sounds like more of a honk to me! A friend of ours actually taught her puppy to ring a bell like this when it was time to go out! We always would reward him when he would go outside and we never yell when he had an accident. They happen. There are so many good tips in the Lucky Dog Book!
9. Toys & Treats- Vinny’s favorite section! Starting out you don’t know what your puppy is going to like so we tried a little bit of everything. We got this starter kit and he loved it all! And for training we used these little treats. We also found out he has a bit of a sensitive tummy so really stick with milk bones and the occasional small piece of cheese:) He loves a bully stick and at the beginning I think it helped him not chew on other things around the house! Now that he is older he goes through them so fast so we try to find large bones, deer antlers, and toys where its like a game to figure out how to get the treat. I’ve linked them below! Kongs are still a hit too! We like to freeze peanut butter in them and use as a special treat. I also bought a lot of balls and ropes to take with us to the dog park to make friends!
10. Dog Parent Gear- There are so many great shirts and hats out there! Including ones from my shop 🙂 You are a new proud puppy parent! Yay!
Here are a few other honorable mentions for when you get a puppy!
Furbo– So fun to see what your dog does when you’re not home! And you can shoot them out treats!
Pet Travel Bag– So good for when you’re heading out on a road trip or sending your pup to a friends for the night!
Recovery Cone– I bought this for Vinny after getting fixed! Soooo cute!
Bark Box– Love this for trying out new toys and treats every month! Perfect for getting to know what your dog likes and doesn’t!
If you are getting a puppy or rescuing a dog I hope this helps! And PLEASE send pics! Again, this is just what worked for us and we are still learning for sure!
Here’s a few more pics of our sweet Vinny!